体育365Undergraduate research is the act of inquiry or investigation conducted by an undergraduate that makes an original, intellectual, or creative contribution to the discipline. By conducting research at the undergraduate level, you will gain professional skills, hands-on experience for your resume and grad school applications, and the opportunity to present and publish your findings in professional venues. This experience will give you the edge in virtually all of your future endeavors.
Participation in undergraduate research can benefit you educationally, professionally, and personally.
Educational benefits include:
- Working collaboratively with a faculty mentor
- Learning about issues, methods, and leaders in your chosen field(s)
- Applying concepts from your courses to "real life" situations
- Furthering your creative achievement
- Sharpening your problem-solving skills
Professional benefits include:
- Exploring potential careers
- Enhancing your professional communication skills
- Collaborating with others and working effectively as part of a team
- Preparing for graduate or professional school
Personal benefits include:
- Growing as a critical and independent thinker
- Building confidence
- Enhancing your awareness of ethical issues
What are my responsibilities as a student researcher?
All UNH students must conduct research in an ethical and responsible manner. To learn more, please read the University's online study guide devoted to Responsible Conduct of Research: http://noraoconnor.com/rcr/